- Ciett and believe it- What nuggets will this year’s World Employment Conference bring to UK recruitment professionals?
10 May 2013Next week sees the global recruitment family coming together at the ‘World Employment Conference’ in Toronto. This is that annual gathering of Ciett - the representative body for the worldwide recruitment industry – that the REC hosted to great acclaim in London last year (LINK). Our mission – and we have chosen to accept it – is to get in amongst it and snaffle back as many insights, market intelligence and useful contacts as possible.
- Skills deficit is looming problem - REC
9 May 2013Comment on employment figures released today by the Office for National Statistics.
- Most employers still plan to hire not fire
9 May 2013The latest results from the Recruitment and Employment Confederation’s (REC) monthly JobsOutlook survey of 600 employers show most businesses plan to build their workforces in both the short and medium terms.
- Labour sets out their proposals for the economy
9 May 2013The spectre of local elections, a diminishing lead in the polls and a call to action from the former Labour PM Tony Blair, have seen Ed Miliband and team come under increasing pressure to set out what they would do should Labour win the general election in 2015.
- Queen's Speech: REC response
9 May 2013Today’s Queen’s Speech lived up to earlier expectations that it might be fairly ‘lightweight’– as much of the coalition government’s legislative programme had already been announced and the most important goal remains to reduce the deficit.
- Report on Jobs: Permanent placements growth picks up, but temp billings fall in April
9 May 2013The Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and KPMG Report on Jobs – published today – provides the most comprehensive guide to the UK labour market, drawing on original survey data provided by recruitment consultancies.
- A recruiter’s guide to Apprenticeships
29 April 2013Government and employers are realising the value of vocational training to the economy. In recent years, the ‘buzz’ surrounding apprenticeships has steadily increased. It continues to draw attention not only as an alternative route to higher education, but also as a means of addressing the skills deficit.
- Will the optimists ever win?
26 April 2013
- Election process begins for REC council
15 April 2013Nomination window opens for 2013 REC council election process.
- REC responds to the Conduct Regulations consultation
15 April 2013The REC has today responded to the Department for Business Industry and Skills (BIS) consultation on the Conduct Regulations.