Council Election & AGM 2017
Shape the future of your industry
Our Council of Directors drives the REC. It maps our course, moving us towards a more professional and compliant recruitment industry.
Help us build the best recruitment industry in the world by being on the REC's Council of Directors.
We welcome nominations from eligible members who would like the chance to represent the interests of more than 3,400 corporate REC Members and more than 9,000 Individual Members of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (IRP).
Nominations for the 2017 REC Council election open on Thursday 6 April 2017 and close on Thursday 27 April 2017.
There are seven council vacancies to be filled: four corporate and three individual directors.
Corporate members can nominate an individual who is employed by them or acts as an officer for the company holding REC Membership.
Individual nominees must be full members or Fellows of the REC's Institute of Recruitment Professionals. Nominations must be proposed by three fully-paid AIRP, MIRP or FIRP members (excluding student members).
Director responsibilities include:
- Promoting the success of the REC and IRP
- Ensuring the REC and IRP are managed for the benefit of members
- Exercising independent judgement and reasonable skill and care to the level of your experience
- Commitment of at least 10 days per annum to REC business
- Acquainting yourself with the activities of the REC and IRP in order to make an effective contributions.
We need drive, we need experience, and we need the best to move forward.