This course is delivered by the Institute of Recruitment Professionals in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP).
Starting with Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and National Insurance Contributions (NIC) this course will equip you with the skills necessary for the preparation of manual payments and correction of errors. The Payroll Technician Certificate then moves on to the complex rules of Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP), Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP), Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) and associated leave and contains all recent legislative changes, providing clear explanations on qualification, entitlement and calculation of the above statutory payments and leave. The course concludes by considering court orders, student loans and PAYE “K Codes”.
On completion, delegates should be able to:
• Calculate gross income
• Calculate PAYE and NIC liabilities
• Correctly handle starter and leaver payments
• Understand the sequence required for calculations
• Understand and confirm systems output
• Understand the implications and calculate the correct amount of statutory sick, maternity, paternity and adoption payments
• Accurately calculate what their company can reclaim from the government
• Minimise the potential for offences and penalties
• Understand a broad range of payroll obligations
• Apply current legislation to the payroll function
• Calculate and record a variety of payroll requirements
• It takes 26 weeks to complete
• We recommend an average of 5 hours per week of study time
• The entire course is delivered via the CIPP’s online learning platform, including comprehensive documentation and supported by a series of interactive activities including online presentations.
• Assessment is completed online, primarily via continual assessment with a worked payroll scenario at the end where you will be required to calculate a manual payroll, putting your new skills to use.
To book or for more information please call +44 (0)20 7009 2155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.