Finding the right career isn’t easy. You might be just finishing school and looking for your first role, you could be wanting a career change, or maybe you're looking to get the next step up with your current employer. An apprenticeship could be for you. It's a way of earning a wage, achieving a qualification and working alongside experienced staff whilst you gain job-specific skills to help you with your career goals.
What is an apprenticeship?
Designed by businesses to ensure employees have the skills for the future, apprenticeships are increasingly seen as the gold standard for work-based training. You’ll learn about your new career move through on and off-the-job training, putting what you learn into practice through hands on practical paid employment. Why become an apprentice?
- You'll learn, work and earn
- Receive on the job training
- Achieve recognised technical and vocational qualifications; using the National Apprenticeship Framework
- You'll become a student member of the IRP, opening up all membership benefits to support your career as a recruiter
Our recruitment apprenticeship programme
Our new trailblazer apprenticeships have been designed by recruitment professionals and are a great way for you to launch your career in the industry.
Recruitment Resourcer apprenticeship (Level 2)
This apprenticeship standard looks specifically at those individuals who are more candidate orientated, but may be employed in any organisation that requires a recruitment function.
Typical responsibilities for a recruitment resourcer are:
- Research, identify, attract and shortlist candidates for the recruitment process to fulfil the requirements of the business brief
- Identify new business opportunities through a variety of means and refer these opportunities to a recruiter
- Meet all procedures and carry out relevant processes to ensure industry codes of ethics and relevant legislation are adhered to
This apprenticeship contains the knowledge based Level 2 Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing, the competency based NVQ level 2 Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing qualification, a module on employee rights and responsibilities as well as functional skills including Maths, English and ICT.
Recruitment Consultant apprenticeship (Level 3)
This apprenticeship standard is suitable for all individuals wishing to gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours of a successful recruiter.
As an overview, the typical responsibilities of a recruitment consultant are:
- Identifying, qualifying and securing client recruitment opportunities in line with corporate and personal goals
- Identifying, assessing and placing suitable candidates to meet client requirements in order to achieve revenue in line with corporate and personal goals
- Developing and managing client/candidate relationships to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality standards
- Meeting all procedures and carrying out relevant processes to ensure industry codes of ethics and relevant legislation are adhered to
This apprenticeship still contains the knowledge based Level 3 Certificate in Recruitment Practice, the competency based NVQ level 3 Diploma in Recruitment qualification, a module on employee rights and responsibilities as well as functional skills including Maths, English and ICT. The apprentices will also be required to complete the end point assessment which is likely to take the form of a professional discussion.
How do I get started?
It couldn't be more straightforward:
1. Download our IRP Career Routeway prospectus
, which gives you all need to map out your future career in recruitment
2. Get in touch with one of our apprenticeship providers
, it's their job is to find the right people for their apprenticeship programme
3. Take a look directly on the government website
3. Give us a call on 020 7009 2155 or email us
to find out how we can help
Good luck on the start of your new career in recruitment!